Best Shoes for Teachers
“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a good pair of shoes” – Hudson Bleecker
The early years of the 20th century saw many parts of America reeling under the effects of Hookworm infection. The impact of the infection was seen in the economic and financial landscape of the country. One of the main reasons for the spread of this infection was the lack of proper footwear. To say, even putzing around in the backyard without footwear made people susceptible to the infection.
Gone are the days where malignant infections rule people’s lives. While we are self-sufficient in matters of health, the importance of having good footwear can never be understated. From being a deterrent against infections to being the finishing touch of a classy outfit, footwear has come a long way in our ‘human journey.’
One profession that makes all other professions possible is the job of teaching. Like any other profession, a good teacher can serve the world only if he makes sure that he has the right accessories on him. As we are discussing, the right pair of shoes is the best accessory that a teacher can have – not to make a style statement, but to help him succeed in his calling. Here we are presenting the best six shoes for teachers:
The past couple of decades have witnessed a phenomenal increase in the use of technological innovation in footwear. Right from providing utility style and skate shoes since 1992, Skechers has undoubtedly redefined the way you see your shoes. It has discovered untapped opportunities in designing its shoes without losing sight of the primary use of them.
The footbed of the shoe is equipped with memory foam that lets your foot sink down in it once you slide in your feet. While it certainly eases the pressure that you feel while walking around the classroom, it also absorbs heel shock and helps a lot if you suffer from foot issues like the Plantar Fasciitis. Memory foam is also used in pillows and thus provides the same level of comfort that a soft pillow provides!
Shock absorbing FlexSole lightweight midsole
The midsole is designed with a highly ventilated material that provides flexibility by shock absorption. The FlexSole increases the overall softness of the material, thus letting teachers have a comfortable feel through their Skechers footwear.
Skechers has added a padded collar to provide extra support to the ankles and instep regions of the legs. This feature in shoes classifies them as ‘safety shoes’ that lets them be used for teachers involved in substantial outdoor teaching activities as well.
A teacher’s profession demands long-standing working hours with very fewer breaks in between. The synthetic sole of the Skechers Equalizer gives you the breathability and comfortability. Also, it is water resistant, so you can drop-off that concern from your mind.
- Skechers Equalizer has all the features that give any teacher a professional look – Lightweight, comfortable, and exquisite. The FlexSole material outperforms Rockport and Clarks with its superior quality build.
- Slip-on has a unique design stretch that provides easy slide-in and out. Add that to the added cushioning all around the shoe, and you get footwear that can easily beat any other on our list.
- Memory foam is known to retain heat; however, Skechers mesh fabric ensures that your feet remain cool. Memory foam outperforms Latex foam, and hence it is better than Rockport Eureka.
- Outsole makeup of the shoe eliminates uneven foot strides and feet fatigue and insulates the feet for optimal alleviation.
- Some wearers may find long term durability of the shoe an issue to tackle.
- Compared to other shoes, Skechers has little arch support; leading to uneven distribution of pressure across your arch on the sole increasing discomfort and imbalance.
Teachers inevitably find themselves tackling a lot of things at the same time. For some, it involves teaching in the classroom and conducting outdoor activities on the same day. Since multi-tasking is a part of their everyday life, Rockport has designed a pair of Eureka Walking Shoes that allows them to excel in all tasks without unnecessary distractions. All its shoes right from the 1930s (when it was the Hubbard Shoe Company) fall into the top leather shoes of any listicle you visit.
San Crispino Construction
Rockport has graced its Eureka walking shoe with a San Crispino construction which means that the upper sole is folded inside the insole and stitched all around to keep it strong and tear-free.
The show is laced-up to ensure that it is secured to your foot properly, keeping your walk comfortable and flexible. It is said that a shoe can make or break your walk, and thus Rockport ensures that you have the best possible experience out of its footwear.
Latex foam footbed
Latex material is used for upper padding in the shoe that lets your foot sink in the sole and fit like a glove in it. The material reduces pressure and tension on your feet and reduces moisture concentration.
EVA Midsole & Rubber Outsole
EVA Midsole helps in lightweight impact shock absorption. As cushioning support, it helps the teacher to walk around effortlessly without much stress to the legs. It provides all-around stability with each step that is taken. Also, the rubber sole is designed to grip all sorts of ground – the rough patches on the road, the classroom floor, the smooth AV floor tiles or the textured basketball court.
- 100% leather construction ensures top-notch durability and reliability.
- The detachable inner sole is the most striking feature of the shoe that allows flexibility and reduces inner stress on the sole of the feet.
- Cushioning at all sides and angles of the shoe is the distinguishing feature that set it apart from the rest. It has flex in all directions, thus giving an optimized walking experience.
- Mesh lining inhibits the build-up of sweat and reduces the moisture level in the inner portion of the shoe. The EVA midsole is quite better than the Rubber sole of Clarks and hence is more comfortable.
- Eureka exudes a sophisticated look that makes it look professional and casual, both at the same time.
- Availability in four different colors – brown, chocolate, black, and chocolate nubuck is a plus for men with varying classy tastes.
- Rockport Eureka may feel bulky to those tuned to wearing lightweight sneakers.
- It scores less in compared to Skechers due to the latex foam material, which is less durable than the memory foam used by Skechers.
- Teachers’ fond of wearing slip-on shoes may find the laced-up Eureka to be cumbersome to wear.
Is 200 years a good time frame to progress in your trade? If yes, then Clarks has a history to impress. Founded in 1825, Clarks’ has been a wonder-maker of desert boots that matches well with any outfit you are wearing – whether in the classroom or during an annual function or an after-school party.
The shoe is made of traditional rubber sole that doesn’t get bumpy and doesn’t collect dirt like other shoes. The sole is sewn into to canvas layer, making it strong, durable and resoleable. The insole is cushioned to provide extra comfort while walking or performing outdoor activities and avoids strain on your ankles.
Lining and shoe-bed
The fabric lining of the Bushacre makes them comfortable to wear. The padded footbed provides cushion and stability while walking. The footbed, combined with the soft synthetic foot sole offers excellent shock absorption.
- Clarks Bushacre is known for their good-quality full-grain nubuck leather that feels soft on your legs and adds eloquence to your personality.
- The color and the make-up of the shoe don’t look too flashy with its colors and hence can be comfortably worn in a classroom setting.
- Dense and high-quality rubber ensures that the shoe survives harsh conditions like those in picnics and outdoorcamps.
- As a waterproof shoe, the Bushacre can withstand winter and rainy seasons. The stitch down design ensures that it remains protected from rain and snow.
- Colour and affordability are the two main reasons for the popularity of these shoes.
- The upper is made of smooth, soft leather, which looks lived-in even when soiled.
- In terms of texture, many would prefer soft, shiny shoes. Clarks Bushacre’s surface might get blurry or grainy.
- Due to the sturdiness o the boots, one needs to order the right size to avoid leg pain and discomfort.
- Flexible leather is used to construct the upper part of the boot, which warrants extra care and protection during rough weather, especially slushy conditions.
Have you experienced a time when the proportions of your footwear were off with the rest of your accessories? Did you ever feel out-of-place with your boots? Alegria Women’s Paloma Flat comes with features that make you stand comfortably for longer hours without getting that pinching feeling in your toes or heel.
Alegria has made its Paloma flat with 100% leather that is breathable and moisture resistant. While other materials have their benefits, a 100% leather shoe adds years to your footwear’s life. Add to it the various prints in which it is available, and you get a shoe that adds eloquence to your taste.
Cushioned Flatform Sole
The Paloma flat has a distinctive thick sole that adds to the height of the shoe while keeping it flat. The footbed is anatomically designed to provide the “best feel to your heel” by reducing undue pressure and allow the natural shape of your foot to settle in the shoe effortlessly.
- A vibrant Mary Jane adorns the leather upper, giving a classic look to the work shoe.
- The removable insole works best for teachers who are looking for a custom shoe to fit their needs.
- Built-in arch support due to leather sole lets teachers walk or stand long hours without hurting their foot.
- An additional depth ensures that you have more room for your toes and great flat contact with your leg to keep you stable and secure.
- The removable insole also helps teachers with foot issues.
- The rocker outsole reduces metatarsal pressure – a feature that is not present with many flat shoes that we see in the market.
- Teachers’ conscious about the looks and style may not prefer the low-top clog style design of the shoe.
Standing the test of time and circumstances is a quality very few shoes possess. As an entrepreneurship venture of a husband and wife team in 1990, Dansko has been providing quality shoes to women workforce who multitask their way in life.
Dansko promises an abrasion and scruff resistant sole due to the inclusion of the Polyurethane material. This, in turn, reduces fatigue and offers shock absorption that helps teachers to stand for hours without feeling the stress in their legs.
Reinforced toe box
Rather than a pointed tip, the shoe has been designed with a toe box that allows more room for the toes and offers protection from toe-related foot issues.
Wide Heel Strike
The shoe is equipped with a wide heel strike to enhance stability while walking and reduce uneasiness. The overall benefits of having wide heels are established by health professionals, and Dansko has factored in that while designing its footwear.
- The arch support provided by the shoes is complaint with orthopedic standards and provides all-day support to the natural arch of the foot.
- Polyurethane material helps in controlling the temperature in the feet, reducing sweat and moisture dampening even after full day use.
- The thread used for stitching the use is of the highest quality, due to which there is no need to worry about wear and tear.
- The well-padded instep collar helps in reducing stress, makes the shoe more comfortable when walking, and keeps your feet from chaffing.
- Unlike other formal shoes, the Dankso Mule comes in a variety of colors and designs, thus giving an array of style-sets to choose from.
- Some nurses have complained that the leather finishes of the shoe crack up.
- Affordability is a prime reason that may keep people off from purchasing the shoe.
KEEN, the American footwear company was born with the inspiration to provide comfortable shoes. It was the brainchild of a sailor Martin Keen, who developed the idea when he got weary of stubbing his toes on his boat. The motivation factor has remained unchanged, and KEEN is still providing footwear to everyone, including professionals.
Classic Oxford Laced-Up Design:
The shoe laces are made up of top-notch quality, and its combination with the leather upper ensures a customized fit for every foot.
Cleansport NXT™ for Natural Odor Control
Cleansport NXt technology is a pro-biotic technology wherein beneficial microbes are bonded into the fabric of the footwear. These microbes, when activated, reduce odor-causing organic material to keep the fabric clean and damp free.
Metatomical Footbed Design
KEEN has designed the insole that is built around the shape of the foot. It places special emphasis on the big toe (first metatarsal joint) and reduces the discomfort faced by many teachers. The term Metatomical is derived by joining the words Metatarsal and Anatomical.
- Along with comfortability, KEEN also provides arch support that helps with stability and foot issues.
- Unlike other casual shoes, KEEN Presidio provides excellent support to the leg as its toe box allows free movement to the toes and does not restrict the bending of the knuckles.
- The thick toe bumper ensures the front portion of the feet from accidental bumps and hits.
- The foam in the EVA midsole ensures shock absorption when it is used in a sports setting.
- As it doubles as a casual shoe that has a stylish look to it, teachers can wear it for outdoor picnics and treks as well.
The rubber outsole of the shoe provides traction support in a variety of terrain and uneven grounds. Add to it the water-resistant feature of the leather, and you are ready to hit the roads in the rainy season too.
KEEN is reasonably priced compared to Dansko and other shoes for women available online. The upper stiff of the shoe may cause blisters for some users who struggle with the shoe size. It includes canvas lining, which is not durable as leather lining.
Our feet are the literal anatomical foundation of our body. As with every good foundation, our feet also need the right kind of support that keeps the body comfortable and stress-free.
Many shoes virtually trigger pain and discomfort in the body. While the teacher’s demeanor will be calm, his mind may be screaming from discomfort. At home, we have the liberty of walking around barefoot, but not outside. Hence, it is time for all teachers and other professionals to listen to their feet and hit the store to make your profession a blessing to others.